Monday, April 12, 2010

EASTER MORNING..... new joys with adult children


There are moments in your life when you are older when you know instinctively that they are special moments; moments that you will remember and cherish forever. You can feel how special they are deep within your soul. When you reflect on them, your heart is warm.

Easter Sunday morning 2010 was one of those moments in time for me.

I decided that this Easter I would decorate cupcakes for Easter dessert. It has been years since cupcakes were the dessert of choice so I thought that this year I would make chocolate ice cream bowls and Easter Cupcakes.
And when it came to decorating the cupcakes, my youngest 17 year old daughter wanted to help. It started out with Chelsea wanting to just make one but then she got the 'bug'. She wanted to decorate more. In the end we each decorated about 12 cupcakes and what fun. Chelsea got into it so much that she was even researching on the web decorating ideas. And boy was she good at it!








As you can see, it was a bit of a mess. We mixed colours, used every topping found in my kitchen and created some magic. I had a wonderful time and we couldn't wait to share with the family at dinner that night.
thanks for the memory Chelsea... I can't wait to do it again with you sometime.
love
THE MOM


No comments:

Post a Comment