Saturday, February 21, 2009

JOKE'S ON YOU


Ok, this is now the craziest thing that I have done to date. I have joined the FB crowd, I text, email, msn and now a blog??? I probably won't continue creating blogs but today after reading Brit's blog, I thought hey - wouldn't it be crazy and so funny if I started. I won't tell the girls and let's just see how long it takes for them to find it!!!.. When they find out.... the JOKE is ON THEM!!! who knew The "MOM" had it in her??




So this one is for you Jamie, Brittany and Chelsea.....



You can see that my blog is called The "MOM". That is what I am affectionately called by the kids. Oh I get called just mom of course, but if the girls are talking, they may say The "MOM". And I will often say - I am The "MOM". It is a fun name that I know will stay for awhile. (Until I guess The "Grandma" starts. lol.)

So with this, I dedicate my first (and maybe only) blog to my girls.

I have 3 beautiful strong willed girls. J who is 23, B who is 20 and C who is 16. (Jason is 18). I am extremely proud of my girls. I have watched them grow up and develop into great people. The thing that I am most proud of is their ability to stand up for themselves. They are independent and strong young woman. And they are fast becoming my best friends. I look forward to the years ahead of us when their need for my parenting will be less and they will look to me for my support, love, my wisdom and advise.

This is an exciting time in all of my 3 girls lives as they are all currently searching for their place in the universe and for direction. Jamie is searching for her career path and her direction in the real adult world. Brittany too is exploring a new school next year and is also looking for her life direction. And Chelsea who is in grade 11, is also trying to determine her educational plan and life direction. I am thrilled about this. I am thrilled that they are all searching. They are NOT settling. They are going after what they want or believe they want. And this is the time to do that. None of them have any ties like a mortgage or children so this is exactly when they should be exploring and searching. I thank God that they all have the independence and the courage to say - nope don't like that, I am going to find something else. Too many people are unhappy in their station in life and wish they started or even continued with their search.

However, I wish I could assure them that it is a one time life search but it is not. They will have many searches in life and many things to discover in this school of life. But I am thrilled that they are searching now at such young ages as that assures me that as contributing adults in society, they will much to offer.


Yet as The "MOM" I fear that the most painful years are ahead of me as a parent. My darling girls are entering a time in their lives when I can't fix everything. At one time a band aid on their "hurt" solved their problem. Now their problems are larger and I can't fix them. More importantly, I shouldn't fix them. If I did, I would be doing them such an injustice. So I wait, I listen, I offer my thoughts, but I have no more band aids. I have to just be there for them in all the years ahead. And I know that I always will be. Why ..... because I am The "MOM" of the family. And I have learned from my own family what is really important and how a parent should really behave.


Life has given me a blessing by giving me 3 girls. Don't get me wrong, my son is someone who I totally adore and I would do anything for him and visa versa. My son and I will always have a very very special bond. But having my girls is absolutely wonderful. As young children, they were more challenging for sure. And then in their teens they just leave you and need you for food and money. But the reward is that they come bounding back in a very big way at about age 19. And it is at this time that you start becoming great friends.


So this is my first blog celebrating my 3 girls who I look forward to sharing everything with as we all get older.


To all who may stumble upon this blog.... It is indeed a pleasure to be The "MOM" to these 3 sisters.

3 comments: