Thursday, April 16, 2009



"FAMILY DINNERS...."



This past weekend we celebrated Easter and Brittany's Family Birthday dinner all in one. Lot's of presents, lots of laughs and lots of food. A typical Sunday night family dinner.

I purchased a Easter Gift for each of the kids and the boyfriends and had it at their dinner plate.

And of course, Brittany had her Birthday card and gift (money!!). Brittany picked out the menu of her favourite - ham, hash brown potatoes, peas, broccoli salad, rolls and cherry cheesecake. I have made this menu so many times I hardly need a recipe. So the preparations were very easy to do.

While preparing the meal on Sunday morning, I reflected over the past few months and how crazy busy work as been. I determined that this party also signifies for me the end of the peak months at work. The chocolate business is fast and furious from October to after Easter and then it slows up considerably in the summer. So for me, this party signifies a much slower past. And much less travel. Thank goodness as it is much better weather and I love to be home on my porch.
But I will be busy still. I have so many projects that I want to complete at the house and several personal projects & goals. Of course I will continue to have many things on the go. And most importantly, I am thinking about where do I want to live after Chelsea finishes high school and is off at University. Hmmm..... I have no idea. Where is home... it certainly is not here in town.

But one thing is for sure.... I want to be where my kids can meet easily for Sunday night dinners. Oh I know that the odds of all 4 of them being within a 1 hour radius is unlikely but it is possible. Perhaps I should wait until they all settle to decide where to go? Hmmm.

At the end of the day, I thought about these loud and vivacious adults and think to myself, what fun. What craziness but what fun. Even though with these many people there is usually some drama of some sort but I still smile. I will continue to make these family get togethers a top priority in my life. As "the MOM" I am the glue that holds these people together. Lucky me.

Life is good when "the MOM" has the kids in her home for dinner on SUNDAY NIGHT!!

Love ya all!!!

2 comments:

  1. being a mom adn holding it togather, its the best feeling in the world isn't it...i think we smile through it all because we know what matters deep down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. family dinners are the best....just having time with those who are special and mean the most in our lives....so important and so special!

    m
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete