Saturday, April 18, 2009

THE MOM's PROMISE










I wish ...
that I was the perfect mom, that I never yelled, I never lost my patience, I never got upset when there was a mess...

but I am not

I wish ....
that I was a perfect person, that I never lost my cool, that I always knew the right answer, that I never made a mistake....

but I am not

I wish...
that I had always been patient, always relaxed, always calm, always smart,
but I was not

I wish....
that I loved you the best, that I cared the most, that I was always there for you ....
but I WAS......
and always will be.

Know that I did my best, with the resources that I had, in that moment of time, on that particular day.... I always did my best.... it was all that I had to give on that day.

And I will keep trying to be the best, to be better than yesterday, until the day I die, for you my kids.











4 comments:

  1. this is very powerful, your words are those of any mum, we all wish we could be perfect, but you are, you just don't know it, i always put my kids first, give 100% adn make sure they know how much i love them, we nurture, we encourage, we hug......

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sally.... I truly believe that alll Mom's need to be totally honest... those mom's who pretend to be perfect and do not tell the truth as how difficult it is to be a mom... drive me crazy.
    I need to be honest with my kids so that my girls understand all about being a MOM.. thanks for your support...
    i guess there are no difference between mom's across the world eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite blog so far...

    love you mom

    ReplyDelete