Thursday, December 3, 2009

CHRISTMAS 2009 It's here!


It is Christmas time and I am starting to get excited about this year. Things are starting to change as the kids are starting to think about their own traditions and their own families. But I am thrilled that this year our Christmas eve tradition continues.

So what is our tradition?

Well Christmas Eve we eat, laugh, open gifts, go back and eat some more, drink and then laugh some more. And did I say eat? Yes lots of wonderful food and appetizers.

This year we are going to have the Christmas eve party at Brittany's. Sounds great to me. Many of us will stay over night and everyone will wake up to coffee and my home made blueberry muffins - another Christmas morning tradition.

But I can't help but to look forward to the future. I am so looking forward to all the different Christmas's I will have in the next 40+ years (lol). I know that not everyone will be able to get together on Christmas Eve. As Grand kids come, they will take priority and should be in their own homes. So I wonder how many homes I will be invited to on Christmas eve???? lol But man, I can't wait to enjoy them all.

But back to this year. This year I am organized, shopping was done before December even started, menus written, house decorated and and even the stockings are filled- ready to be driven by Santa to Brittany's house.

I am looking forward to giving everyone their gifts. And yes I think I have spoiled them again. But I can so I will. I don't care about what I get anymore. I guess I have finally grown up. I have everything a MOM could need: 4 amazing healthy kids, my health, a great career, a great cozy little house, my Faith and lots of love.

Thank you Santa ... just bring things for my kids. Oh yes... don't forget my little dog. Silly me. She has a stocking as well. Some treats please?

"the Mom"





No comments:

Post a Comment