Tuesday, May 5, 2009

INSPIRED on the BOARD WALK in FLORIDA DAY 3

Today I was inspired. It is as simple as that.



After yesterday where I indulged myself and didn't eat as healthy as I have been (Mexican restaurant for dinner, several alcoholic drinks, spinach dip and shrimp for lunch and for a mid afternoon snack and then a 3/5th of a Laura Secord frosted mint chocolate bar lol- I was committed to running again this morning. So out I went for Day 2 of running in Florida.


After lots of swimming and exercising in the pool yesterday, my legs did not want to take that first running step. I knew it when I put them on the floor this morning. Nope they didn't want to play today. But I pushed through it and off I went. I pushed through my longing to go and have my coffee on the balcony. In fact I pushed through my desire to really do anything else except run lol. And then I heard them. My inspiration....


I could hear some one coming up behind me jogging - getting closer and closer. And then I heard a loud so very cheery voice say - "GOOD MORNING" as they passed me. There it was; 2 delightful fun loving men running who were at least the age of 75 maybe even 80 years old. Both of them chatting and laughing and running the entire board walk. Unbelievable. I wished I would have had my camera so I could take a picture of them and post it at my desk for inspiration. And perhaps take a picture of my expression on my face when I realized who just passed me!!!


"And you were tired this am I asked myself? You 48 year old thing? You didn't want to get out and exercise because why? Get a grip sunshine!!"

After seeing these 2 men, fit, happy, & cheery.... it was clear to me that the Universe had just sent me a message.

CJ.... you have many years of living left and you have many years left to run and exercise .... so just do it!!! You have no excuses. It will make you a better you.

So off I went.....and I started the running instead of walking - running a little longer and a little stronger this morning because I was inspired by 2 old men.

So I Remember:
You are never too old to receive messages..... we just have to listen to them. Just do it!




Here is my new inspirational picture:



And no .... I don't look like that.... lol....


Yet!


The MOM

1 comment:

  1. you just never know what or who will inspire you at any given moment!
    happy running....

    love
    m

    ReplyDelete