Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am so "BLESSED"


Today as I sat on my front porch reflecting upon my day, my mind wandered to my kids.

Let me tell you about my day:
First off I slept in until 7.30 am which is a huge sleep-in for me. I wandered downstairs to start my day. A typical morning of letting my dog out, making my coffee, bringing the dog back in, giving her breakfast, pouring my coffee, grabbing my books, my dog and journal and then off to my covered porch. But this am, my oldest daughter Jamie popped by at 8.00am with her coffee in hand and we both went to the porch to enjoy coffee together for about 30 minutes. We had a great chat.

Shortly after that, my youngest daughter Chelsea woke up and we chatted until she was off as well. Always fun with the Chelsea.

After a long coffee morning, I went out to garden to putter around. This, by the way, is my perfect moment - my perfect place. I am at true peace each and every time I am in my garden.

Then the men to remove the old dead tree in my backyard showed up which was fabulous because I have been wanting them to come for a few weeks. I watched them take down the tree and then my 2nd daughter Brittany arrived. We watched the tree come down together, made a sandwich and off to the porch we went. I think we sat out on the porch for over 1 hour chatting about our futures until it was time for her to go to work. It was wonderful.



I went back to my gardening and then I cut the grass

Then a black truck pulled up and out jumped my son Jason and his new girl friend. Jason was just checking to see if everything went well with the tree removal and if I was happy with it. My wonderful son - just checking in to see if the "MOM" was happy with everything. I was so off he went again.

I returned to cutting the grass, finished up my work, showered and have returned to my porch with my dog, some gardening magazines and my journal.

Ahhh.. Yes I am reflecting. My kids. I am simply blessed. There is no other way to describe it. Despite the fact that so many times I was exhausted with having 4 young ones to look after, the reward is clearly here now. Fortunately, we are all living in close proximity and therefore this pop in for a quick chat with the "MOM" is the normal routine. I love it. I simply love it.


TODAY, I am expressing my gratitude to my kids. I am so blessed to have the 4 kids that I have. I wouldn't have choosen it any other way.
Love to you all...
The "MOM"

No comments:

Post a Comment