Saturday, June 13, 2009

The event of the week June 2009


Where did she go?
Here is my daughter. Her name is Chelsea and this week she is no longer my little girl. She is no longer needing to depend on me for everything.
This week, this little girl no longer needs her tricycle, or her bicycle or her roller blades.
This week my little baby has her Drivers License and is able to hop in the car and go wherever she needs to go.
Oh, she is still sporting her big beautiful smile with those large gorgeous blue eyes but she has much more hair and much better coordination!! She has traded in those pink rubber boots for flip flops.
I am very proud of Chelsea especially how she took it upon herself to ensure her success.
She graduated from Drivers Education much earlier than her actual testing day so she asked her instructor for extra lessons closer to the day of the exam. In fact, the instructor even gave her a lesson the morning of the test. I didn't even know about this until the lessons started up again. Chelsea planned this herself. This extra preplanning and forward thinking is nothing short of brilliant. So many people do not have this foresight.
On the morning of her test day when her instructor and her were doing one final parallel parking, Chelsea didn't know it at the time, but the car waiting behind her turned out to be her testing instructor. So he saw her do a perfect parking even before the test began!! Now that gave her confidence for sure.
So, for me, where did my baby go? Where did the time go? Well it went... working, playing, teaching, training, raising this baby and driving her around. Now I can stroke off "the driving around" part. And yes maybe she's not my baby anymore.
I think she still needs me though lol.
Hmmm.
Congrats Chelsea
You did awesome but I knew you would.
love ya forever
THE MOM



5 comments:

  1. well done chelsea....oh how the times flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking daughter. And you must be proud of the young lady she has become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay chelsea buns!!!
    she's tooting around in my little car as we speak!
    WHAT? my little sister isn't 8 anymore?

    looks like the three older siblings now have a DD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post! Congrats to her, and thanks for stopping by my blog. You're welcome to visit any time. :0) Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete