Friday, June 19, 2009

Books & Memories featuring "Love you Forever"














Here is my favourite Children's Book.

All of you kids will recognize it as we read it over and over and then some more.

All of you have your own personalized copy from me for your keepsake box.

And I have a copy too thanks to Jamie who gave me a copy of it back one year!!

The books is about love and the cycle of life.

It's about 'I look after you then you look after me.'

It is about looking after your children to the fullest, giving them all of you - support, unconditional love, kindness, forgiveness, being there for them regardless of their circumstances, their friends, their spouses, their life style, their decisions or their choices.

then.... they will do the same for you.

I promise that to my kids.

I now know how important it is to have a parents unconditional non- judgemental love and support. I know that I am the best Mom that I can be. And I also know what kind of grandparent I want to be and will be. I will be an active participant in their lives. I will be generous with them, share with them, love them and support them. They will adore their grandma and I will adore them even more. But most importantly, I am so glad that this is different than how I was raised. I am so glad that I have been taught an invaluable lesson this past year.

So to my kids, as the book goes...

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

Here is the history of the book. Who knew that such a book came from such heartache.
Here is Robert Munsch's story:
"I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn't even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn't sing.
For a long time it was just a song but one day, while telling stories at a big theatre at the University of Guelph, it occurred to me that I might be able to make a story around the song.
Out popped Love You Forever, pretty much the way it is in the book.
My regular publisher felt that it was not really a kid's book and I ended up doing it with another publisher.
One day the publisher called up and said "This is very strange. It is selling very well in retirement communities in Arizona. It is selling in retirement communities where kids are illegal. This is supposed to be a children's book. What is going on?"
"Grownups are buying it for grownups!"
In fact, it turned out that parents buy it for grandparents and grandparents buy it for parents and kids buy it for everybody and everybody buys it for kids.
As a matter of fact, everybody buys it for everybody. "

I look forward to reading "love you forever" to my 'grand kids' some day... over and over again. How wonderful!

Kids... remember these?? Other books we read over and over again. I STILL HAVE THEM!!






"Love you Forever"

the 'MOM'








2 comments:

  1. lol... haha
    those books were my FAVORITE
    MORTIMER BE QUIET!!!

    I actually recall receiving Murmer Murmer Murmer for Easter one year... therefore.. IT'S MINE!
    For some reason Zero Below will always remind me of Jason! lol
    love you forever... like you for always.. as long as Im living my mother you'll be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of my favourites, love you forever is a must for everyone, i've bought it for so many people, it means alot to me, i quoted it to aaron in the moments after he passed too xxxxx

    ReplyDelete